Monday, January 23, 2012

Around the block boredom.

The boys are getting bored with going around the block.  Especially Theo.  But I'm not sure what else to do on a day when it's cold enough that we need to keep moving, but the yard is wet and muddy.  On one hand I feel like maybe I should be better at planning some activities so that when we go out, we have something to do.  On the other hand, I feel like it's good to teach the boys that taking a short walk is a perfectly fine thing to do and that we don't always have to have elaborate plans for our outside time.  I'm sure there is a balance to be struck there, I just have to find it.

Today, at least, all the snow and ice had melted from the sidewalks and we could do bikes instead of just walking.  That was a welcome change.

No comments:

Post a Comment