Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Playground time and owl prowl

Another sunny day with unusually warm temperatures.  We came home from school, hurried through our homework (them) and housework (me), then went to the playground.  While there we played a little soccer by ourselves, played a game of pickup soccer with some other park-goers, threw the football, and swung on the tire swing.  We stayed for about an hour.
When we got home, I cooked a quick dinner, we ate in a hurry, then went to the Nature Center yet again.  We are really starting to frequent the place, and I love it!  Tonight they were hosting an Owl Prowl.  It was a chance to learn about owls through a short program, then walk the trails and try to hear or see owls.  The talk lasted maybe 15 minutes followed by 45 minutes on the trail.  I thought it was fun.  I always think it's exciting to be outside with the boys at night, since we very rarely are.  We didn't hear any owls, which was pretty disappointing for the boys.  Simon was very cold, which hampered his enjoyment of the walk.  I'm not sure if I'll be able to convince him to do something like this again.... The vibe in the car on the way home was pretty negative.  If I do, we'll definitely need to bundle up more.  Even though it's warm for January, it's still pretty chilly out there.  I should have had the boys do double socks and pants, at least.  I am not sure how to feel about this outing.  I really enjoyed it, but was bummed/frustrated that the boys (okay, one in particular) reacted so strongly against it.  Maybe tomorrow he'll remember it in a more positive light. 

That's all for this Tuesday.  Thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment