Friday, January 13, 2012

Sledding!

One great thing about committing to outside time every day is that it makes me say yes to things I would have said no to before. So this morning, when the boys asked me if we could go sledding after school, I said yes, even though in years past I would have said it was too cold. Because it was pretty darn cold today. But, hey. We have to do our outside time anyway. May as well do something fun, something they asked to do and would look forward to all day.

I am glad we went. It was cold, but we didn't feel it with our warm winter gear on. Simon even got too hot and took off his mask.

Now that I am saying YES to things, I suspect we will have several more fun afternoons of sledding this winter. If the snow sticks around, that is. Or falls again.

No comments:

Post a Comment