Saturday, February 18, 2012

Our week outside.


- Compared to a lot of other families we have very few scheduled activities.  Still, somehow,  it can be hard to fit in our outside time during the week.  Between homework, piano lessons, my classes at the gym, and early bedtimes, it is definitely getting "squeezed in" and it isn't necessarily of the highest quality.  So during the week we are doing mostly the same things: walks around the block, quick games of tag or hide and seek in the yard.  During the week we do outside time quick and dirty style.  But we're still doing it, and it feels good to get some fresh air every day, even if it's just for 15 short minutes.

-When the weekend comes and we have more time, I like to try to do something special.  Yesterday the boys and I spent about 45 minutes at a park here in town.  The weather has been *beautiful* the last few days.  Sunny and (almost) warm.  Today we spent about an hour and a half at an area park, one we'd never been to before.  We split our time between the playground (which had a super cool climbing structure), and a trail.  Loved it.  Then we went to see The Secret World of Arrietty, which I also loved.  Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh, such a great day.

-I've been listening to Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv.   I'm only half way through, and it's a lot to take in.  I might be sharing some quotes from the book in future posts here.  I think it is a good book with a lot of good points, though who are we kidding, he is preaching to the choir with me as a reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment