Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Let's go {try to} fly a kite.…

I know I have been lazy about posting but our forays into the natural world have not been very exciting lately. Just quick walks around the block or games in the yard. The weather has not been super nice, I've been incredibly busy and so we've been doing the bare minimum. We've been phoning it in, to be frank.

But today some gorgeous weather arrived and we spent a lovely hour on the playground after school --- NO JACKETS NECESSARY. I thought to throw a kite in the car because it was quite windy. We tried for about 15 minutes with no luck. It might have been too windy but I'm also suspicious of the kite… I think it's too small to work. How can the wind get up under the wings when they're so small? I don't know. Anyway, we decided this kite would make a better party decoration than it does a kite, and called it a day.

It was so nice, though, that the boys spent even more time outside once we got home, of their own accord. Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

No comments:

Post a Comment